Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blood Orange: Perfect Music For A Dreary Day (or any day really)

It's been dreary here for the past few days, and it takes everything in me to get out of my warm and cozy bed. I'm trying to cut back on my Netflix watching, because you can easily waste a day away on Netflix, and I have wasted many. Instead, I'm trying to focus more on music – both discovering new artists for fall and re-listening to ones that I've forgotten about. Blood Orange doesn't fall under either one of those categories, but I figured I'd share anyway.

Blood Orange, which is perfect for a sunny day or a typical fall day or a gray day like today, is the music of Devonté Hynes. Hynes is currently living in NYC and has also made music under the name Lightspped Champion. If you're interested in the man behind the music, you can read his background here.

This is the song that originally got me into him, so hopefully it will do the same for you.
Sutphin Boulevard by Blood Orange


Blood Orange Myspace
Blood Orange Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment