Monday, February 6, 2012

Why It's Important to Take a Break if You're Feeling Unmotivated

I'm not sure who the source of this photo is (blame it on Tumblr/weheartit), but I love this quote. While attempting to find out who said this or took the photo, I found out that it's a quote from Gossip Girl, but I won't let that cheapen it.

Whenever you feel overwhelmed or stressed, it's important to remember to take breaks and rejuvenate yourself. I've been making an effort to explore new places and spend more time outdoors lately and the new energy I've noticed is nothing short of amazing.

The gray winter days have left me feeling unmotivated and uninspired, but thanks to the freakishly warm weather we've been having, I got the chance to follow this quote. There is nothing like a drive on a back country road on a nice day to nowhere in particular to recharge your batteries. Sometimes the only thing to get you back on track is to completely get off the track you're on and explore some new ones.

Trying to force creativity when it simply won't come will get you nowhere, unless your goal is to be as frustrated as possible. If you can't go outside, close your eyes and imagine what outside feels like. Look at pictures of beautiful landscapes. Do whatever you need to do to separate yourself from whatever has you feeling stressed. You'll be astounded by the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment