Thursday, March 10, 2011

LEED Professional Credentials


After a full day of job hunting and some side research, I am considering starting the process of taking the LEED Green Associate exam. The U.S. Green Building Council website explains the differences between the professional credentials, and the LEED GA exam is the only one that I am eligible for. I think it would be pretty beneficial to have that on my record, especially if I want to eventually have a career in sustainable/green consulting. Some benefits of having the professional credentials are that it's impressive to prospective employers or clients, you get listed in a directory of LEED professionals, and you can officially call yourself a LEED Green Associate or Accredited Professional.

All-in-all, it looks like there are a lot of positives to starting the process (especially since I still qualify for student pricing), so I think that might be my next big move. Even if I don't get to use those credentials right away, at least I would have them if an opportunity arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment