Sunday, July 3, 2011

Deck garden and the Summer of Skills


I've been keeping busy with little projects ever since I got back from my vacation in New York. I've also been applying for jobs, but I haven't had much luck with that. I decided that I wanted to spruce up my deck, so yesterday I created my own deck garden. I'll post some pictures after everything starts flourishing, but I now have green beans, okra, tomatoes, peppers, and some pretty flowers to tend to. I also have a wasps' nest to avoid when I water plants, so if anyone has any suggestions for natural wasp repellents that work, PLEASE let me know.

I've deemed this summer the Summer of Skills, because I want to learn as many things as I can. Yesterday was a pretty good start. In addition to starting my deck garden, I installed a doorbell and learned how to replace carpet.

I have a lot of skills that I need to improve, so in addition to learning new things, I want to practice the things I already know. It's important to stay busy while I'm searching for a job, because it's so easy to fall into a pattern of sitting around doing nothing. I'm going to make an effort to include blogging regularly on my list of things to do, but we'll just have to wait and see how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment