Friday, July 8, 2011

The hunt for the elusive "perfect job" continues...

Job hunting is one of the most daunting and seemingly endless tasks there is. I've checked Indeed, LinkedIn, Twitter, USA Jobs, and every green job board that looked somewhat legitimate, but I still feel like there are so many more places to look. One of my biggest downfalls is that I don't have a specific job that I'm looking for. I also don't have a great deal of experience, so I can't even apply to several jobs that I would be interested in.

My ideal job would be writing for something environmental/sustainability related that targeted young people. Writing for Incredibly Green was a great experience for me, and I really enjoyed being involved with that organization. Unfortunately, it was on a volunteer basis, and loans and bills make it impossible to devote a lot of time to something if I'm not getting paid for it. I probably should have done more job hunting when I was still in school, but I didn't want to send too many applications out and have to worry about conflicting job offers. I sure dodged a bullet there!

Tomorrow will be a new day with (hopefully) a refreshing start. If you have any recommendations for places to look for jobs that involve writing or sustainability, be sure to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment