Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Greetings from Ohio!

Last week I decided to take a big life jump and moved to Ohio! When Cam (my cat) and I got here, it was raining and 40˚, but I couldn’t be happier. It feels good to take steps towards independence, and even though I will miss being at home, I’m excited to see where this path leads. I’ve only been here a week, but I’ve already landed one job, signed a lease for an apartment, and become vaguely familiar with the area. Not too shabby, if I say so myself.

Here are a few photos I snapped while driving around. It's been raining a lot lately, but when it's not, it's gorgeous out.
 They have a lot of parks in this area, and at one of them there is a monument known as the Leatherlips Monument. It’s erected completely out of stone to honor Wyandot Chief Shateyaronyah (Chief Leatherlips). More can be read about the chief and monument here.
The one thing I've already noticed that I'll probably have trouble with is dressing for the weather. I'm still used to Virginia being in the high 60s and 70s, but it feels like late fall here and I don't have many cold weather clothes. I wanted to avoid only wearing hoodies all season, so I need to start planning for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment