Thursday, December 22, 2011

5 Minutes of Remembering 2011

Sarah did this a week or so ago, and I thought it was an awesome idea. 2011 was a huge year for me, to say the least. I graduated from college, traveled a lot, had a lot of 'firsts', and really just grew and developed more as a person. Overall, it was a fantastic year, and I know next year is going to be even better. Without further ado, here are my five minutes of remembering 2011:
• Graduating from Virginia Tech • Moving home for the summer and almost getting a job I might have enjoyed, but having it fall apart • Moving to Ohio with my boyfriend • Getting a job at a publishing company that allows me to explore my interests in marketing, PR, and sales • Getting a retail job that I don’t completely hate • Making new work friends • Missing Thanksgiving with my family • Working Black Friday • Going to a business seminar • Deciding to go into freelancing…for real this time • Getting serious about blogging • Getting my camera as a gift from Scott • Buying all of the furniture and driving to Ikea alone and doing it despite it being difficult • Spending time at the lake with Scott and his friends • Moving three times in a month • Finally going to California • Going to Canada • Sitting across from Ryan Gosling at a bar • Meeting a lot of people who believe in the secret • Making an ass out of myself in front of The Maine • Losing some friends, but not regretting it  • Garage painting • Surprise birthday visit from Scott • Visiting family members • Babysitting Darius and knowing that I don’t want kids for a while • Being independent • Attending a wedding of people younger than me • Being terrified of graduating and then realizing that it’s kind of not that bad • Starting to understand what it means to be an adult

No comments:

Post a Comment